Friday, May 21, 2010

Here I go again...

I decided, from now on, to try and keep track of all the books I read so I can remember which ones I liked and such.

The Weight of Silence by Heather Gudenkauf. This was a dramatic novel about two little girls that go missing. Hmm...I liked it enough to finish it but I didn't really ENJOY it. How can you enjoy stories with this subject matter? It was a book chosen for book club...NEXT month. I am a little ahead, I think because The Help got me all excited to read again. My first thought after this book ended was 'Why would someone want to make up such a devastating story!' I mean, I know you can't write about kitties and butterflies all the time...not that I want to read about kitties and butterflies. Anyway you get the gist, right? If you like darker stories, you might enjoy it. Not my favorite, but it did pass the time.

Garden Spells is by Sarah Addison Allen(same author as The Girl Who Chased the Moon). I enjoyed The Girl WCTM better, but this was very similar. It had a tinge of magic, but not the kind that makes you roll your eyes and hand it to your kid. Its the kind you want to think might really exist...and of course some romance. I don't like the word romance because it makes me think of those hairy, scary romance novels. Its not that, but she does get kinda descriptive, just a heads up. I read it really fast so I must have enjoyed it, kind of predictable but fun.

The End

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

I wish I liked to read... But I Don't, I hate it:)