Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Can you guess what I have been doing lately...

I promise my blog isn't turning into just book reviews...I hope. It's just that other peoples lives and stories are so much more interesting than mine right now (even if they are fictional).

I read Message in a Bottle when I was in High School or something and I loved it and bawled my brains out. I read another of his (maybe the notebook) and it was no good. This was on a list I cut out of the paper of some NY Times bestsellers. It was lower down on the list, but all the others weren't available so I took it home. Yesterday my neighbor called and asked me why I sounded so stuffy...WELL I should have teased her and said something silly like Dave and I just had a fight. Instead I was honest...I was bawling my eyes out reading a silly BOOK!! Somehow this book surprised me, I really enjoyed it. I liked the diologue and the relationships seem authentic and believeable. Which is why I bawled my head off. Dave teases me because he thinks I just really want to see Miley Cyrus in the movie...Maybe he's right.

This book was kind of charming and endearing. When I got started I didn't think I would enjoy it because the main character who is telling the story is an older english gentleman. But he is really quite witty and sweet and I got pulled into this interesting tale. It was a great story about how the times change quickly and people don't. There are multi-cultural issues and LOVE issues, all wrapped up in a charming little package.

No comments: