Friday, January 9, 2009

Sorry baby

Scarlet usually goes down really easy for a nap but got up a few minutes after I put her down. So I went in being patient and loving to sing her to sleep and I rocked her and laid her down. She started crying again and it sounded like she was saying "wan e mama" I decided to let her cry, even tho my gut was telling me she wanted more baba, and got sucked into my book, 15 min later she's still crying and as I listen closer I realize she is saying "wan e baba." When I looked in she was laying there with her cheeks soaked holding out her empty baba. She handed it to me, rolled over and went to sleep. Now that i write it, it's seems so inconsequential. It was just one of those times I could have saved her some heartache, and spared her those tears that soaked her cheeks and hair. Sorry baby...I love you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That seriously makes me want to cry. Scarlet is so cute. That makes me sad!!!

cam said...

i did cry a little.. :) love you

Melynn said...

I can definately relate.