Thursday, March 31, 2011

For the record




Rosie is saying the cutest things and I just KNOW I will forget them if I don't record it somewhere!! It's not even WHAT she is saying usually that kills me, it's HOW. She just has this sweet tiny voice, or this LOUD demanding voice, it's rarely in-between.

"I want you Mommy." "I coming Scarlet (or daddy or mommy or whoever)" "Hi, Punzel(Rapuzel)" "I mees you." "I love you too." She sings twinkle twinkle little star, temple, sunbeam, tall tall tall(snowman), Itsy bitsy, elmo's world, follow follow me. "I sad mommy", or "I crying mommy," or "I happy mommy" We'll say Rosie time to go nigh night, and without fail she says "no, I wake up." If we do anything for her she says "thank you mommy or thank you scarlet" When we ask any question especially, who wants to set the table? "I DO!!" she will scream it out from any part of the house and come running. If I am doing something she doesn't like she says, "no, no mommy that hurts." If she wants to get out of eating something she says " a spicy, or too hot." When we ask something like, are you being naughty? she 'll say "NO, I NOT!" When she peers over the back of the bench in sacrament meeting, she will bat her eyes and say, "I shy." My favorite is when she hears something out of the ordinary she will say, "Who doin that!?" If I ask her who's doing that, unless it's completely obvious she blames Scarlet, "garlet doin dat." The other day I said, Rosie are you growing up? and she says "no, I not, Scarlet growing up." She needs to do things "a self." "no, a self!" If she can't quite get it she'll say "help, I can't." I maun(want) it, or I don't maun it." Or "I like you Mommy." She would spend her entire day on the "fwings" or "fwinging"(swings of course)t, or "cleaning" she pulls/drags the chair to the sink and I turn on the water and she cleans the dishes. She won't stop until we drag her away kicking and screaming (and drenched).

She has been telling me "toilet" and doing her business (for the most part) on the potty!! WHAT!?! We bought her some panties the other day, but they don't make panties small enough for this little booty. Of course she has accidents still but only with pee pees, she is a bonified pooper on the potty. I am still baffled, and kind of unsure how to proceed. I am just in awe of this little girl. I am completely smitten with every last thing she does...well you know what I mean. It's just an adorable stage right now when your heart aches that they won't be just like THIS forever. It's when I am wishing for the PAUSE button. I am typing as I watch the girls out Rosie's window. Scarlet is pushing Rosie on the swing, and taking good care of her (so far). It's just one of those many moments that you ask yourself, is this really my life!? How'd I get so lucky!?

6 comments:

Kathy said...

I absolutely agree! She is an original that just needs to be eaten!

The Johnsons said...

I hardly know Rosie but everything about her sounds adorable! I want to hear her say every one of those phrases and I want to see the facial expressions and see the body language to. Adorable. So yes push that pause button until I can get to Utah this summer! :)

Photoblue said...

Heidi, I check in on your blog all the time, thanks for keeping me posted cause I never get to see you, mostly my fault. Fun family times, cute family toooo!!!

Photoblue said...

This is Melanie btw...

St. Julien's said...

mel- its ALL your fault!! teasin' its all those states between's fault. I am glad u get to keep track of us, but I wish I could see what YOU are up to! Love you girly.

Tabitha said...

She just turned into you!!! She looks just like you!