Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bahamazzz

We are officially cruisers. I was always curious if cruisin' was my thang. We had a blast. I am sure we will cruise again someday. The Bahamas were everything I dreamed they'd be, ok except that I thought the water would be a tinge warmer...just a smidgel. I was expecting bath water, I just haven't experienced that yet and I thought this might've been the place. The water was definitely warmer that Bermuda!! I realized we didn't take enough pictures, I stink at capturing the great moments! I am too busy enjoying myself and never have my camera close enough(we did get footage of the trapeze thank goodness). So pretend you really like to see Dave and I posed in front of the ocean...cuz that's about the only times we remembered to take pic's, before we got in and as we were about to leave.

We did lots of other things I WISH we got pictures of, like jet skiing in the ocean, snorkeling, body surfing, volleyballin', and the highlight of our trip, competing in the Dancing with the Sky Stars!! My only regret is that we didn't get that whole thing on video bc now I have to explain what happened instead of just show it. Our friends who came with us got a little bit of it on their camera, maybe I will post it when I get it from them.

So the short and condensed version...our ship had a Dancing with the Sky Stars ("sky" because our ship was called the Norwegian Sky). As one of the evening activities, 6 of the staff dance with 6 volunteers, and they have judges and vote people off and the whole sha-bang. I thought it might be fun so I entered my name in the drawing...and unbeknownst to David, I put his name in too. I was hoping at least one of us would get picked. Well...David was the FIRST name drawn!! They announced, David from Utah...and Dave just sat there waiting for Dave from UT to take the stage. It finally dawned on him when I nudged him with that sneaky look on my face. I was DELIGHTED, I was going to sit back and relax while Dave got to humiliate himself in front of a HUGE crowd of people!! Well fate would have it that I would not get away so easy and as the 5th name was drawn...Heidi from Utah was heading up to the stage!!

If you know Dave and I, you know we don't shrink from an audience who is eager to cheer us on. There were three rounds and by the last round we were BY FAR the audience favorites(my partner and I were the REAL favorite) . They were enamored with our dance moves, and I think the crew had never had the likes of the two of us bounding around the stage before (and sober too, though no one would suspect it). So it came down to a dance off with three couples left. Mid performance I am swept off my feet by David from Utah and we finished the last dance together, I believe at one point I was on Dave's back with my "lasso" and Dave was spankin' my booty. Oh dear. The decision was made by the judges and the crowd that Dave and I were the Sky Star champions. It had never happened before and I doubt it will ever happen again, we are Norwegian Sky legends.
(first day, still docked in Miami waiting to set sail)

(third stop, Great Stirrup Cay)


(riding the waves, if you couldn't tell by that face I am hard core)

(Atlantis, Nassau, that archway connecting the bldg. off to the right is owned by the late M.J. and it's only 25,000 per night)

(the Norwegian Sky from the rear)

(bus ride to Wyndham Resort, Freeport)
(some kayaking at Freeport)


(trapeze artist in the making)

(true love)

(es cargo...chewy)

(loungin' at Great Stirrup Cay)

(um...culture)

(snorkeling at Nassau)

(First stop, beach resort in Freeport, Grand Bahama Island)

(The gruesome foursome, us and our cruising buddies BJ and Vivian Weight)

(spreadin' the love around)

(2nd stop, beach on Nassau)



(dock at Freeport, look at that big ol' ship)


7 comments:

KATIE HOFHEINS said...

Looks like lots and lots of fun. I miss the beach...

my favorite color is green said...

oooh! a cruise! we will need to try that sort of adventure sometime. dancin' witht he stars? that's a crazy coinsidence that you both got picked. i would have loved to see your moves :)

Lisa said...

Oh, man. Did you really have to post all those pictures? Don't you have a picture with dark, gray skies and maybe some rain or something? :) So glad you had a fabulous time!
I knew you had the moves but I had no idea Dave had it in him. I need to come by sometime to see your trophy.

St. Julien's said...

Lisa- The trophy was a bottle of wine, go figure:) We told the cruise director we didn't drink and she was speechless. We ended up giving it away to some fans. We did get and extra large t-shirt and water bottle too.

Tabitha said...

i would just like to know why WE were not invited!!?? We have been talking about going on a cruise for years! I think you have inspired me to do so!

Jena said...

I am absolutely devastated that I didn't get to see that dance. I just know that is was fabulous! I want a re-enactment. That is too cool.

Cruise??

Really???

I want one of those some time in my life time. sweeeeet.

Vanessa said...

I loved all your fun pictures! I am so jealous that you went on a cruise, I have always wanted to go! I told Josh that next year for our 10 year anniversary that we have to go on one!! You looked so darling in all your fun swimsuits! Glad you had fun!!