Monday, July 6, 2009

Ode to Scarlet

This may be the last post that we get to brag solely about our little Scarlet. Her little sister should be here anytime now (like right this second would be NICE)!! She will no longer be the one and only love of our lives...this should be very interesting:) So I have been doing everything I can think of to get this baby moving on out; racquetball, bike rides, driving on bumpy roads, brisk painful walks etc... The best are the things people suggest that they did or heard others do that worked; drinking castor oil, skipping, four wheeling and of course the number one suggestion, sex. My honest opinion is nothing but waiting REALLY works...except maybe that last one. So here is a post full of the little princess that we just can't get enough of. Today she said "My pleasure" when I asked her to do something. In the car later I asked her if she wanted a cracker and she said "no, but thanks". She is so entertaining, she tells the best stories and sings the prettiest songs. All day she keeps me smiling and laughing with all her questions and comments about life as she sees it. For example; yesterday at church she felt it appropriate to dance in the isle for the closing song. I let her, and in the back of my mind I thought "hmm if I saw another kid doing this would I think to myself 'crazy parents'." I admit it I am a crazy parent, I am crazy about this girl and it alters my logical brain functioning. So be it. Its probably just going to get worse. So brace yourselves for a smorgesborg of pictures, we've been playing hard.

3 comments:

RJ said...

Heidi! I can't wait to see the photos and hear the story of the upcoming little Rosie. I love that name by the way. Btw, castor oil totally worked for me, but my water had broken just with no contractions though. But oh man when that diahrea hit, the contractions hit at the same time, that bowel moving got EVERYTHING moving!

Anyway, have fun fun fun, I'm seriously jealous, isn't birth the most incredible thing ever? Debbie Wallace always told me it's when the veil has been the most thin for her and I have to say a hearty amen to that. I always think of Alma 36:21 "Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy."

Much love and hugs, Your old landlady

p.s. will you send me your email address, I don't have it! rwj1000@gmail.com

Jena said...

I hope you have had that baby! Can't wait to see pictures!

Jamie said...

So I'm guessing you had your baby by now!?!? I hope so! Can't wait to see some pics and good luck with everything. Scarlett sure is a cutie pie!