Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring...is it really you???

This off again on again, springtime to snowstorms is getting really old!! I'm soooo ready for warm weather!! We had a really fun Easter weekend. Scarlet makes holidays come alive again, like they did when I was a kid. I was afraid those days were lost forever. We did the little local community Easter egg hunt which consists of kids running around the high school football field filling their baskets with candy that the rotary club dumps all over the grass. Then we came home and...



I was having an inward battle about the Easter bunny...I thought about telling Scarlet on Easter morning that it was Jesus who brought her candy and gifts but...decided against it. I finally gave in that evening and we told Scarlet about good old hippity hop who would come hide her eggs and leave her a surprise. She loved it, and drifted off to sleep. Easter morning when we told her the the Easter bunny came, she looked terrified. I think she thought he might still be lurking around the house...we explained that he came while she was asleep and went to her other friends and then went home. That helped, and she cautiously made her way out to the living room.




Notice Belle's little pink shoes...well one of those found their way UP Scarlet's NOSE!!! She kept asking me "Where Belle's shoe go?" and after a little while she had her finger up her nose (which isn't uncommon these days) but she had a weird look on her face and she was saying "Owie." I looked up there and what do you know, a pink dot clear up her nose. LUCKILY she was able to blow it out.

5 comments:

The Johnsons said...

I just want to know where the shoe is now??

And when I come for a visit will it be safe to play dolls? :)

The Betitas said...

We don't have kids yet but I already struggle with having easter be about the easter bunny. Its just to to fun to not do it though! It looks like you guys had a great easter!

Melynn said...

Up the nose? That is hilarious. Looks like you are having a great spring.

Jena said...

That's great! I've never had any "up the nose" experiences yet. You would think I would have. Maybe I have???

that little girl has the best expressions! I love it!

Scott, Fia, Tre, and CJ said...

Ha ha! Way to blow it out! What a cutie Heidi! I can't believe how fast she's growing!