Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Week of Paradise

We're home, and all of us are safe and sound. Hallelujah!!! Bermuda, we learned, is a one of a kind place. It was gorgeous, everything we hoped for. Their culture and everything is so unique!! For instance Bermudians don't go into the water until May 20th. We had the beaches pretty much ALLLL to ourselves. The houses are all made of concrete because of the severe winds they get, and they paint them really funny, bright pastel colors. They drive on the left and have the tiniest streets. I was afraid for my life most of the times we were walking. Everything is unrealistically expensive, its about three times the price we are used to. If it weren't for the generosity of my aunt and uncle there's NO WAY we could have gone. We got spoiled ROTTEN!! We ate delicious food and had our own personal tour guides to answer all our questions, played tennis, stayed a few nights in fancy resort, played on the breath taking beaches, saw some cool sights and RELAXED to the MAX.
Ahhh Bermuda, it's going to be hard living without you. Scarlet did exceptionally well. Every time we skyped, she seemed totally content. She seemed to get it that mom and dad were in Bermuda and would be back Tuesday. It was such a relief to know that she was happy. It was easier to leave paradise because we missed Scarlet SOOOO much(plus it was stormy and cold the day we left)!!!!

8 comments:

Graciesmom said...

Beautiful pics! I'm glad you had a good time. Leaving the kiddo is always hard, no matter how many times you have done it!!

Carrie Hellewell said...

Looks beautiful. You guys were smart to do a final trip before you become a family of four. Glad you had a good time!

Parks Family said...

Wow that water looks amazing! Looks like tons of fun. Aren't you the cutest prego ever. glad you had a fun time.

Dan and Katie said...

Any other Heidi would be less cute and less fun, so yes that was you! I think it was in VA, but I never went to one (FIve Guys Burgers and Fries), and you are in trouble if you went and never took me!

Brady and Brittney said...

I'm so jealous! Your trip looked amazing and it's great you got to go beofore the next baby. You look great pregnant by the way, I sure loved being pregnant but I'm getting used to all these newborn needs. Busy busy!

Melynn said...

Next time will you please invite us. Pretty please?

Amanda Leigh said...

What an amazing vacation! I'm jealous! :)

The Johnsons said...

Looks awesome. I would love to hear more about it! I guess in a place like that it is a good thing you took up shaving your legs. I won't tell you how I'm doing with that. I saw your comment about my "mirror face" Nice...why did everyone know this and no one said anything. Now I know who my true friends are :)

I would have called your for a game of racquetball when I was in Utah, but I didn't want to get beat out by a pregnant lady again!