Monday, September 22, 2008

Dear Da Da

Daddy...um I have a secret...I love you...
I Know sometimes I play hard to get...don't be mad
Mommy's right it's just what girls do, we want to make sure you'll love us like crazy no matter how naughty we are
I want to be your favorite so I have to get between you and mommy when you hug so you don't forget me
You are the best Daddy in the whole world, you sing the best songs, read the funniest stories, and make me giggle till it hurts
Be patient with me because one of these days mommy will have to pry me, kicking and screaming, from your side because I've given up the game. I'm Daddy's girl, I'm just waiting till the right moment to come out and tell you.
I Love you Da Da. Don't you forget it!!!

Love you forever and ever...feel free to sneak into my room when I'm all growned up to rock me to sleep,

Scarlet Olivia St.Julien (age 20 mo.)

9 comments:

Amber said...

Oh my goodness, Heidi! I LOVE this post. Richard and I have been concerned about what seems to be a very similar situation you are having between daddy and daughter in your household. Kaya is TOTALLY a mama's girl and for a while didn't want much to do with Richard. A few weeks ago it was really worrying us. Lately, we have been doing some things differently (would be too much to share here, but I might blog about it on my own). Call if you want to talk. Things have been way better. Here is a super good book I recommend. My library has it - yours may too. I want to buy it though. It is called "I Love You Rituals." Fantastic ideas and activities to strengthen relationships between parents and kiddos.

Love you guys. Let's get together soon!

RJ said...

Oh I loved this too. Davey needs to read this too, I think it must be a very common experience for the Da da's of the world.

Perry Family said...

St. Julien Choro!!! Hey, love the fact that you blog! Beautiful baby girl. I saw your blog off of Jacob's, hope you don't mind!
Ja ne!! Andersen shimai...turned Perry Shimai :)

Melynn said...

Hey there. I haven't checked your blog for a while. Looks like things are going well.

What a cute post. I don't see how any girl couldn't completely adore her daddy, but it is true that they are home with mom all day. Madelyn totally recognizes when she is being passed to daddy. We'll have to see how she does as she grows.

Good luck with everything. I would love to get together again sometime soon. Talk later.

Lilly said...

Oh Heidi. A tear. One single pregnant tear on my cheek. Loves it.

Speaking of, how's that stick of yours? ;)

Jamie said...

That's just precious! Love it!

Amanda Leigh said...

I was so happy to see that you had a blog too. These pictures are so cute! Great post! I'll add you to my list.

Tami Haws said...

Hey lady, I love the pics of the fam. That is why I use this blog thing a little more then facebook. I love catching up on peoples pics. Anyway Just wanted to stop by and say hi. Take care.

Sarah said...

She is so so cute!!!! What an adorable family you have!!!