Monday, July 14, 2008

Young at Heart


This is me and my home girls at camp last month. We decided to have a beauty pageant of sorts. We did talents, swimsuit competition and a question section. Proud to say it was my idea.

So maybe I am 27 which is practically thirty which may as well be forty...over the hill at 27!!?? So what, I feel like I am in my early twenties. So much so that when I was answering a hospital survey thing they asked which category I fit into; 25-30, 31-45 etc...and I was about to say none, because I thought I was 22. This was about a month ago...I have always had this strange relationship to aging. I was always waiting to feel the age that I am. I have decided that the real, Heidi spirit, is staying at the young immature age of about 18-23. In more ways that one. I realized this when I went to girl's camp last month. I was expecting to feel real leader like. I never really did, I felt like one of the girl's. Almost to a fault because I got bored at the 2 hour long firesides quicker than they did. I was poking and joking these poor girls to try to distract myself! Some things definitely change and some things no matter what age...don't.



When I'd take the girls down to do certification or water front, whatever we did, at least one or more of the leaders would say "ok girls you need to have your leader with you"...uh... thats me. I'm gonna go ahead and take it as a compliment...why not!?

2 comments:

Amber said...

at post. Heidi. We love your immaturity. Oh wait, is that not the right word? :)

Jamie said...

Definately take it as a compliment! When I was teaching school, I went to the office and asked the secretary for some advil. She said, well, we'll need to call your parent...I of course started laughing and I took it as a compliment too!!!