Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mahalo






Almost paradise...Our family just returned from paradise. The almost is for how much food costs out there milk is like 5 or 6 bucks ($8 without the value card). We thought maybe we could move if we just live off off rice, fish(we catch) and pineapple. We had so so much fun. Every day was packed with as much beach, food, fish watching, and hiking that we could manage. My darling lil' sisters ( who are going to school there this semester) played with Scarlet while Dave and I went off and had our own amazing adventures:) I think if I had to pick a favorite thing it would be tied between boogie boarding at Pounders beach in GIGANTIC (to beginning boogie boarders)waves, and snorkeling in sharks cove and finding myself amidst a school of palm sized yellow zebra fish. We got to try surfing that is one tough sport but it was a blast. I'm so proud of us for taking this trip! Sometimes I think I am turning into a big stinky sayer not dooer. Heidi: "wouldn't it be great to bla--bla," never do it. Or "we're for sure gonna blah-bla" never happens. Not this time:) Oh Hawaii! I would write you a song that goes something like this..."la la your trees are green and your mountains are crazy huge and pointy kind of and covered with jungle like things la la and I like it. La la la your beaches are soft and warm your water is electric blue and salty too and I love you..." That pretty much says it all. Here are some pics to make sure I wasn't dreaming...

1 comment:

Shiara said...

That looks like so much fun! You are so cute! I don't know how you can do a handstand with water flowing under you... it makes me sick just thinking about it!