Friday, December 9, 2011

Life's little treats

So I was chatting with Dave the other day and he was wondering why I didn't keep a journal anymore? We had pulled out one of my recent journals the other day to look at some of our baby name ideas (sorry if this is my way of breaking the new to you...I'm 12 weeks pregnant weeee...). I read some of my entries and it seemed like I had such a busy exciting life...what happened!? I feel like if I were to still keep a journal all I would talk about was what Rosie said or did or how big and beautiful Scarlet was getting, and all my mom worries and hopes and fears. I would babble about soccer and what hum drum things I did while waiting around until Dave got home... Or maybe not. MAYBE, keeping a journal makes you see the little neat things and ideas you have that get lost or forgotten if you don't write them down. For example today I uh...well I um... Ok for reals I went to my first baby check up. I didn't realize how eager I was to make sure my body wasn't playing tricks on me and that I actually had a little human inside me. Its not a trick, I got to hear a beautiful, fast, strong human heartbeat coming from my belly! It was music to my ears. I kept a journal for like 20 years...but for now I just don't feel like it. So this blog will have to be the next best thing. And the pictures will have to tell most of the stories...that ain't so bad, right?
(Introducing Hannah Montana, the rock star. Scarlet was singing full blast at the park and giving Noah and I (and everyone else nearby) the show of a lifetime. She is a riot!)

(Two of her biggest fans)

(loving Noah)



(some pictures from one of the last nice fall days we had...those were great days...come back soon. This girl is just irresistible to me. I love this adventurous, clever little two year old with a serious passion!!)

(The Babysitter. Scarlet's favorite past time, besides watching Hannah Montana, is this little man. She loves to play, snuggle, hold, kiss her cousin Noah ever chance she gets. She was pushing him in this stroller and he was as happy as a clam. A few weeks later she wanted to try it again and Noah wouldn't fit! This boy is a'growin.)


(Rosie snuck into my mascara, obviously. But she wasn't pleased with the results. When she looked in the mirror she was scared. She said "its a monster!" We had a good laugh.)

8 comments:

KATIE HOFHEINS said...

I love the picture of Noah in the stroller and Scarlet! That must have taken you so long to get the mascara off of Rosie!

Kathy said...

My vote is that blogs and pictures count as journaling. Any one of those pictures tells a complete story.

Matthew Hellewell said...

I didn't know you were preggers! Congrats to you both! How exciting. I wonder... boy or girl...

Carrie Hellewell said...

Ummm... Not Matt, Carrie. But I'm sure he's excited too.

my favorite color is green said...

your little girls remind us of the adventures we have with ours. so fun!

f said...

yay!!! congratulations heidi!! youre a brave woman going for more. i can barely handle the one ive got :o) youre girls are getting so big (and beautiful). congrats again!

Dan and Katie said...

Yay! Congrats on the baby! So exciting!

Hills said...

Heidi!!!! This is Hilary Jentzsch, formerly Fuller! I have just stumbled upon an old blog from school and I found that you had posted a comment! I am so happy to have found you too! I think of you often and that you helped change my life for the better. My email address is peetry22@gmail.com Please write! I would love to keep in contact with you! You have such a beautiful family and I can't wait to hear more about your life since I last saw you! Be well!

Hilary Jentzsch