Thursday, June 9, 2011

Dave is in a play

There will be a lot of reading for the next few months. Dave is in rehearsals for a play, reading will be one of the things that will help me not lose my mind. So far I have my mind intact, lets hope it last for the next couple months...fat chance. Anyway, stumbled onto this author, and I am glad I did. Just the kind of novels that are easy, clean and have interesting enough story lines to keep me happily distracted.

Never Change. This one was about a lady who has kind of a lonely life. She is a nurse and really enjoys her work. She is assigned to a new patient who ends up being someone she knew in high school who is dying of cancer. It was a fun read.

Home Safe. This was a good one too. Didn't like it AS much as the other one, but still an enjoyable enough read, about a mom coming to terms with her husbands death.

Joy School. This one was my favorite of the three. I don't know exactly why...her character was just so darling. It's about a 12 going on 13 year old girl and her perspective of being the new kid in school, and that painful transition into the world of preteen hood. It was sweet, and Berg really has a unique way of capturing that youthful way of thinking and making it amusing enough to read as an adult. It reminded me in a small way of one of my all time favorite books Stargirl. Couldn't put it down.

The Weight of Water. This one was kind of an historical-ish novel. The event the main character is assigned to do photographs for is real, so it is interesting. It's a sort of mystery. It was a little slow for me...but I'm a little nuts. The ending definitely surprised me.

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

Seriously Heidi!!! LOL! I don't mean to keep commenting on your book reading, but are you SERIOUS!!?? I can actually count on one hand how many books I've read! So, you go girl! I wish I liked reading 1/4 of how much you do! instead I shop online..So I bet you save more money than I do!

Arden said...

The weight of water was one of my favs. Good choice.!