Thursday, February 19, 2009

Farewell Sis. Hofheins

My lil' sister left to go on her mission yesterday, she's going to Des Moines, Iowa (pronounced da-moyn, not dess moynes). I was surprised at how excited I was in those last moments, I thought I would be super sad and emotional. I did shed a few tears but for the most part I just couldn't stop thinking about what an amazing missionary Cami will be and thinking of all the incredible things she will experience. I am a tad jealous, I loved my mission and I wish I could be Cami's companion. At her setting apart I was thinking, you know in this life I may never get to preach and teach with my Cami like I want to. I pictured us hitting the streets in our frumpy mission clothes, knocking doors and lovin' it. I decided there is probably no chance of that unless I somehow get to fly over there and see her. BUT, I decided in the spirit world we're going to go tracting, I just know it!


4 comments:

Tabitha said...

I have never noticed how much she looks like your mommy! LOL! Cute pics!

KATIE HOFHEINS said...

I was thinking along the same lines...that is a mission is meant for Cami; or Cami is meant for a mission.

Dan and Katie said...

Yeah for the mission!!! Where is she going?

Courtney Ferrin said...

Hi!!! My name is Courtney Ferrin and my brother Neal (Elder)Ferrin is on his mission in the Des Moines, IA region. He is coming home in 4 and a half weeks and we asked him about doing a musical number in sacrament meeting and he replied that we needed to get a hold of Cami Hofheins and try to get the music for "I know that my redeemer lives" that she sang for all of his baptismal services in Iowa City. My email address is courtferrin@gmail.com and I would really like to get a hold of your sister to try and get that music. It would mean a lot to him. If you could just email me her info or how I can get a hold of her that would be amazing! Thanks!
Courtney Ferrin