Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Happy readings

I had a reading vacation I guess.  I was busy...nope it wasn't that.  I guess I couldn't find anything enthralling enough to get that jump start I was in need of. The couple books I recently finished were good.  Good enough to set a spark to my little pile of kindling per say...

Sunday Clothes

This was a book picked by the book club I haven't been to in ages. I finally got around to reading it and I think I liked it enough.  It was one of those books that gets me all frustrated inside, and then it doesn't stay inside and I get grumpy and Dave has to make sure he didn't make me mad, that it was just that DANG book.  I always have a hard time with reading, watching or hearing about marriages that are stuck and no one is communicating and fixing the problems, I get aggravated, I just want to barge in and set everyone straight!!!  Anyway, I finished the book and was relieved when it was over...so maybe I didn't LIKE it all that much...


Promise Me This

I DID like this one.  No maybe's here.  It is a semi historical fiction novel about some people's lives who were effected by the sinking of the Titanic.  There's all sorts of love and sacrifice and tragedy and just a good ole fashion absorbing read...I thought.  And a decent ending to boot, which is always satisfying.  I can tell a book is pretty good when I am not skimming half pages at a time.  I only skipped a few sentences here and there.  Which is actually good for me.  You get a book like oh...The Help and I don't skip a thing, that's like a 5 star book.  Skim a few sentences here and there and that's a 4, or 3 1/2... so on and so forth.  This was a slim skim, but not a no skim. 

Now I am hoping to find me something else to while away the down time...any recommendations are always lovely...happy reading.








2 comments:

Anne H said...

The Night Circus!

St. Julien's said...

oohhh...thanks anne!!