Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ice princess


We went ice skating over the holidays. I used to think I was an ice skating wonder, I could spin on one leg kinda fast and do some cool little jumps. Well, it was too crowded and the "ice monitor" informed me that I had to stay on two skates...boring. If you can't spin and jump what do you do!? Just skate around and around and arouuuunnnddddd...snorrr. Scarlet was ADORABLE in those miniature skates. She made it around maybe twice, slipping and sliding (and whining) while we held her hands. She was not a fan. But she was the cutest ice skater I have ever seen. We'll try again next year.

3 comments:

Erin Leigh said...

she is cute for sure-zees. but i think it's funny in the top pic there is a sign that says no sitting on the wall and there are a few kids doing the opposite of the sign. classic.

Lindsey said...

Charlotte will be sooooo jealous. She's dying to go ice skating. Scott's planning on taking her soon ... we'll see how that goes. Scarlet is so cute! Can't wait to see you all!

Kathy said...

If only those darn skates hadn't been so "tippy", she might have made it a little longer! Maybe she'll give it another shot when Charlotte comes....two little ice fairies!

I hadn't heard about the ice monitor. Thats hilarious....grown up mother of two and you're still pushing the boundaries! I love that :)