Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What's New

I think I blog more often when I don't have a book that I am really into. I was a little proud of myself for something, Scarlet was a little proud of herself too. Dave and I have a list of things to find at garage sales. We stumbled upon this chair a few weeks ago, it's cozy, it rocks and it swivels...but the best part, it was 3 dollars! The one downfall, it was a nasty faded pink. "No problem" I assure my darling Dave "I'll just cover it"...inside I was thinking great another thing I say I'll do and never get around to. BUT LOOK!!! I did it. This isn't the finished product, I was in the middle of pinning when I took this pic. However, the finished product doesn't look THAT much better. I am a little challenged when it comes to details...lets leave it at that. Scarlet was working on her own project. She did a lovely job coloring her knees, and I knew she was doing it. I didn't mind because she was distracted from my pins, and she's cute, and artistic.Another happening...




We found Scarlet a "big girl" bed! This was another yard sale special. She loves sleeping in her bed. Although as you can see sleeping IN her bed has been a little tough for her. The first few weeks she would wake up crying on the floor. But for the last few nights she has stayed in. I love hearing her get out of bed and seeing her come trotting into our room in the morning (even though its usually around 6AM!!). She seems SO grown UP!! Yesterday she came in, gave me a hug and then disappeared back in her room. I hear her taking off her clothes and diaper, then her potty lid going up, then some fumbling I realized she was putting her pee pee's from her little potty into the toilet. She flushed and came running back into our room with a huge grin and the clothes she picked out for the day!!!! I love this little GIRL! I must be some kind of nerd but it is so amazing to watch my baby GROW. I love being a mom, I especially love being Scarlet's mom. I keep thinking, can I really love another little person this much!!? Word on the street is, you can, and you will, but I can't imagine it. I still have a feeling this bumping thing inside me is really an alien. 6 more weeks and we'll see...

4 comments:

thebakerbook said...

Way to go Heidi who! I love the pic of Scarlett painting her knees. I would be proud of myself too!

Graciesmom said...

Cute pics! Scarlet is adorable.

Jaime Stephens said...

6 more weeks holy crap where did the other 34 go? Your time is flying (i know probably not for you) Nice deals got to love the big girls bed.. Scarlet is a cutie.

Parks Family said...

gotta love little girls; so independent and sure of themselves. great yard sale deals and nice job on the chair cover. I wouldn't even know where to begin on how to create a slipcover.